Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blog 14: Lean Process

To implement a lean process in my work space, I decided to focus on motion.  By decreasing the motions necessary to function in my work space, I can save time and work more efficiently.  To do this, I put the most commonly used objects:  pen, pencil, lap top and charger, and biology book in close reach.  The lap top charger is run underneath the desk to reduce clutter.  Other items that are used less frequently:  highlighter, post-it notes, calculator and physics books, are stored near by in drawers.  And items that are only used occasionally, like my accounting book, and printer are stored in a closet.
By having the items that I use most frequently easily accessible I can spend less time moving around and searching for them.  This will allow me to focus on my work more, which in turn will lead to a more productive study session.

No comments:

Post a Comment