Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blog 5: PDP


My Mission: 
To have a family and a beautiful home and a career which allows me time to be with my loved ones.  I want to assist patients in overcoming physical pain and injuries by providing them with manual therapy, giving them tools to strengthen themselves and by building a relationship with them.

Values:
Time with family (holidays and weekends)
Work experience while in school
Having a respectful boss
Providing quality patient care
Continuing my education
Finding an area of expertise
Working with other motivated, hard-working individuals
A salary to provide for myself and my family

Goals:
Short Term:
v  Graduate from Stout with an education and experience that will prepare me for graduate school
§  Attend conferences and speakers – Applied Science speaker series
§  Take part in career conferences
§  Talk to professors about career opportunities
§  Observe in various clinics
§  Have an internship at a Physical Therapy Clinic
§  Be an active member of clubs:  Stout Pre-Health Society, Academic Honor Society
§  Actively participate in advisement day
§  Take advantage of mock interviews
§  Maintain a high GPA
v  Be accepted into Physical Therapy School
·         Prepare for the GRE –Take practice exams
·         Request bosses, managers and professors to write letters of recommendation
·         Keep a record of all volunteer and observation hours
·         Draft several personal statements
·         Become a member of the Accredited Physical Therapy Association

v  Graduate from Physical Therapy school with skills required to be an exceptional physical therapist
·         Attended an accredited graduate school
·         Participate in all classes and clinic internships
Long Term:
v  Get a job at an outpatient physical therapy clinic
·         With a doctorate in physical therapy, acquiring a position at a physical therapy clinic should be feasible
v  Become certified in Women’s Health as an area of expertise
·         Take continuing education courses in the area of Women’s Health
·         Talk with other Women’s Health physical therapists to gain insight on the area of expertise
v  Buy a home
·         Maintain good credit throughout my life
·         Find a town that I want to start a family in
·         Be near my family
v  Start a family
·         Find a man worthy of being married to me
§  Someone who complements me
§  Common values
§  Respectful
§  Similar interests and hobbies
§  Related life goals
·         Be financially stable before having children

No comments:

Post a Comment